Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"Beauty and the Beast" or I went camping and we ate lobsters

IMG_0999

Our camping trip with our neighbors was awesome. This is lake Sabago and it is beautiful.


IMG_1007

It is in Maine.

IMG_1029

There is lots of wildlife around.

Oh Deer

This deer came running through camp and let me get really close for a picture.


Happy 4th!

Most the days were spent on the beach or in the boat.

IMG_1027

There is Syd doing beachy things like getting buried in the sand!!

IMG_1004

When it rained we went into town.

IMG_1055

We ate with the locals (insert banjo music here)

IMG_0992

Nights were spent around the campfire.

IMG_1019

Moon on water. Ok ok shut up... I never said I was a damn photographer.

IMG_1016

Ha ha! I took this picture of Jeff and it looks like his head is floating.

IMG_0986

Many many many many many many mosquito bites ensued.

IMG_1071

I also did a little shopping and one of the coolest antique/import/everything shops that I have ever seen. I feel in love with this guy. Help me name him. I know what you are thinking about him and I don't want to hear it. *I* love him.

Last supper!

Last night camping we made some lobsters.

Last sunset

It was a really fun trip. Thanks Orasons!

So, back to real life and cooking.

IMG_5754

Sunday the day after we got home we decided to cook something easy for dinner. I had pinned this dish on Pintrest and decided to make it. Moroccan Meatball and Egg Tagine (Kefta bel Beid) it was easy and good. I got it from Dinners & Dreams

IMG_5757

You know I can't resist anything with an egg in it.

IMG_5760


Moroccan Meatball and Egg Tagine
Dinner & Dreams


For the meatballs:
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon paprika powder
1 teaspoon ground pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Sea salt, to taste
1 small red onion, grated
12 sprigs cilantro or parsley (preferably a mixture of both), finely chopped
4 eggs

For the sauce:
2 large ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 teaspoon paprika powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1/4 cup hot water

Directions:

Season the ground beef by adding the paprika, pepper, cumin, salt, onion, cilantro, and parsley. Mix well and form into small size balls, ½-inch diameter.

Combine the tomatoes with the garlic and olive oil in a medium skillet and season with paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until the tomatoes are softened, 8 to 10 minutes. In a small bowl, dilute the tomato paste in the hot water and pour into the sauce.

Place the meatballs in the sauce. Cover with a lid and cook over medium heat, turning occasionally, until done, 15 to 20 minutes.

Crack the eggs onto the meatballs, cover with a lid and let cook until the eggs are hard, 5 minutes.

Plate the meatballs with the sauce. Top each serving with an egg.

Serve with a beautiful baguette or another crusty bread to dip in the sauce.

1 comment :

  1. why do I love this???..because you like the same stuff I do..though I must confess to never having camped..outside of wedgies and a bad hairdo. The surroundings look great and I love lobster. Understand you guys are having quite a glut of them right now. Also the bangles.... to die for!! Sorry you had rain on the 4th. The meatball and egg tagine sounds like something I must try!

    ReplyDelete