Monday, December 20, 2010

Stop the madness - no more pizza balls or other snacks

IMG_4210

I have to start off with a whine. I am tired. Really tired. I am tired of everything and I am also grumpy. I am grumpy because there is no snow yet but it is so cold that it hurts to go outside. It is Xmas and I know that it should be a fun time but lets face it, it just isn't. Could have something to do with me never celebrating Xmas when I was a kid. I am Jewish. I really am a novice at this Xmas thing and I have to tell you that it isn't for the weak.

So lets get on with me being festive. Pizza balls. I was having a neighborhood Xmas party (yes, Ms. Jewish was having the Xmas party for the street. Someone had to do it). I found a recipe for pizza balls and they really were good.

IMG_4205

Inside was pepperoni (you don't have to use that though) and cheese. You can fill them with anything you like. We also made sandwiches. They had Prosciutto, Romesco, Provolone cheese and basil. All you do is butter a baguette and spread with romesco sauce. Lay down some prosciutto and provolone and a couple pieces of basil. Yum. They are really good.

IMG_4209

I made a hot Artichoke and Spinach dip. It had artichokes and spinach in it (duh).

IMG_4195

I made mini cheese and green onion quiches. They are easy to do. They also freeze well if you want to do them ahead of time.

IMG_4197

IMG_4203

These are smashed potato things. You boil the small potato and then they are baked. I was stressed and didn't get the baked picture so all you get to see are smashed anemic potatoes (they were really good though...shut up....they were).

65803_476889946918_584061918_5870543_2232855_n

Ok ok...I just threw in that picture of Parker because I felt like it and I am grumpy tonight. He looks like a little beatnik in his turtle neck...no Annie he doesn't look like Steve Jobs.

steve_jobs

Ok, sorta.

IMG_4207

Um, I am a little scattered here... These are Eggnog cupcakes. They were awesome and if you want to make them go to Gingerbread Bagels and get the recipe. That is where *I* got it. She is not grumpy like I am and not lazy either.

IMG_4200

My buddy Lynda from Running on Butter surprised me and sent me my very own apron (and *I* am #1 to her!). Now we can cook together even though she is in a cool city like New York and I am stuck in Massachusetts. Ok, I know it is only 3 hours away but I love being a drama queen and overstating everything when I am grumpy. It's my party I can cry if I want to and I can also have run-on sentences.

I love you Lynda. I love my apron.

Oh, one more thing. If you want the recipe of any of these ask and I will send it to you. Just too tired to post them. Really.

18 comments :

  1. Pizza balls are a great idea, my kids will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, he looks *exactly* like Steve Jobs...;) with a little Stephen Spielberg thrown in for good measure.

    Anyway, don't worry, grumpy moods come and go. They're good for the soul, or something...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pizza balls look delicious! Did you just use regular pizza dough? Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great time cooking up those delicious things. The pizza balls sound amazing! I need to try that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this post. I was grumpy but no longer. Thanks :) I had spinach artichoke dip in cups too. Used wonton skins for crunch, and because it's fast and I'm sorta lazy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pizza balls, eh? Could I have a little more detail, please?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pizza balls? Could I have more detail, please.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pizza balls?! Genius! What a great idea for parties

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am grumpy too so I really liked this post. Misery loves company! He does look like a little beatnik! Can he snap his fingers?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Xmas isn't for the weak - you are right. Only a few more days, you can do it. And you will love it, I promise.
    Parker and Steve Jobs...lol. You are funny even when you are grumpy.

    I love you too #1...I am so glad you like the apron :)
    Ya look fabulous in it!

    HAPPY Holidays ha-ha
    - Butter

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, it is taking a toll on you , isn't it? A couple more days and everything will be back to normal! I am sure the party was a success. I see that you did the right thing with opening a bottle of wine :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janice... I love your posts!! You are a doll for hosting the party and I love the pic of Parker! He is really growing so fast.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Janice, And a Merry Xmas to ya! It's o.k., I'm grumpy this year and it's because of sugar overload. I tasted too many of my cookies and I can't eat dinner. Oh, and please give lots of hugs and merry wishes to Parker. He's growing up sooooo fast already.

    Happy Holiday!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  14. The pizza balls sound delicious. We have a local pizza place that makes garlic balls - chunks of fresh garlic in the dough and the cooked with a nice drizzle of olive oil and parmesan. mmmm!
    Happy holidays to you and your neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a pretty amazing spread! I hear you about the weather, it can be dreadful. Boston always has some sort of fun foodie event going on; if you ever get out here let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The pizza balls sound delicious. We have a local pizza place that makes garlic balls - chunks of fresh garlic in the dough and the cooked with a nice drizzle of olive oil and parmesan. mmmm!
    Happy holidays to you and your neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, it is taking a toll on you , isn't it? A couple more days and everything will be back to normal! I am sure the party was a success. I see that you did the right thing with opening a bottle of wine :)

    ReplyDelete