Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I found the perfect bread recipe for my lifestyle

I can't tell you how excited I am to be smelling fresh bread. Not only did it come out but it looks perfect. Ok, I haven't tasted it yet but I will keep you posted.

First off the recipe is from the article in the New York Times and is No Knead Bread I saw a post about it on Rocket Bread and also on Steamy Kitchen. I have been looking for a bread to make that would be something like I made in San Francisco. I haven't been able to do that since I moved here but this looks like a winner. I will let you know in fact if it is after tasting it but it looks so darn pretty.

I started off by hunting for a warm place to keep it while it sat for 18 to 20 hours. This was no easy feat because between 2 cats and a Saint Bernard it wasn't too safe anywhere. I took my chances and left it in the den where I keep the heat on to 70 degrees (right now it is 34 degrees outside and suppose to get down to 14 degrees). So I put it in the warmest room so I could keep an eye on it from my perch. My perch:

IMG_1948

The waiting dough

IMG_1945

After Dr Food suggested keeping it in the oven with the oven light on (he is a scientist and knows these things) I moved it to there.

So the rest was so easy that I can not even believe that the bread came out looking like this

IMG_1952

Lets just hope that it taste as good as it looks. Believe me, if it doesn't you will hear me whining about it no matter where you are.

15 comments :

  1. Looks delicious!!! Have you ever heard of the books Healthy bread in 5 minutes a day? and Artisan bread in 5 minutes a day? Those books have changed my life. No kneading, so simple, and so tasty!


    Hope the bread tastes great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the only thing more satisfying than a great homemade loaf of bread is a rack of ribs... but bread is a very close second

    ReplyDelete
  3. that, my dear is one gorgeous hunk of carb stuff. dr food is correct as i always keep my rising stuff in the turned off oven. it's always important to leave a note in case anyone forgets that there's something in there and turns on the stove. i cannot get over how beautiful that loaf is. if i lived anywhere near you i'd be over like a shot with some valhrona chocolate ...warm bread and cocoa....mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! It looks like this recipe is going around everywhere! I just found it too and made it the day before yesterday. It was awesome! The only difference it that the recipe I used had some olives, yummm! Miriam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Sorry I've been out of touch for awhile. Having just moved into a new and much smaller place, I completely sympathize re. keeping pets away from stuff. Maybe I should keep my cat's food bag in the oven too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks perfect! Let us know how it tastes (although I am sure it is delicious)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yum! I LOVE fresh bread - this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of No Kneed Bread but I'm waiting for the review on the taste.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your bread is just too beautiful to eat, I would just look at it :o) - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well looks as if it is only a matter of timing, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Give me that piece of carb anytime of the day, I will eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous bread, I would love a slice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haven't made the no-knead bread in a while, but it always comes out great! Looks like you nailed it with that beautiful loaf!

    ReplyDelete