Monday, December 28, 2009

What to do if you can't find an ingredient

IMG_2005

Dr Food and I went on a mad hunt for an ingredient for the impending cassoulet that we are making for New Years Eve. We had checked out almost every place that we could think of for saucisses de Toulouse which is a French sausage. After a day of hunting we did the sensible thing. We made them ourselves.

It took about an hour and voila! Using the Kitchen Aide made it a snap.

IMG_2000

IMG_2002

Stay tuned for the duck leg confit episode!

5 comments :

  1. Wonderful! making saucisses de Toulouse at home, I'm sure they're much better than anything you can buy anyway. Kitchen Aid is quite a great utensil!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay - lemme know how it all turns out! I haven't made cassoulet before, but I'm dying to try. Sounds so delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh! I always wanted to make my own sausages! I wish I had a kitchen aid.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh! I always wanted to make my own sausages! I wish I had a kitchen aid.....

    ReplyDelete