Tuesday, June 8, 2010
mmmm Mango Dessert
I have tried time after time to find a dessert that would be good with Indian food when I serve it. I really do not like the authentic Indian desserts at the Indian grocery store (sorry, rose water isn't my favorite). I was thrilled when Dr. Food called to me from the basement where he was on the treadmill (ok, he was looking for a dessert to go with our Indian dinner at the same time) that he found a good dessert.
I didn't get a picture of it before we dipped into it. I swear I served it up in adorable little dishes that looked kinda like this (I am too lazy to take a picture of them after the fact and I want to create a mental image for you so you will know how good it tasted and looked even though I didn't get a good picture).
Um, pretend the Chinese food isn't there...
So imagine that pretty color in the square little dish. Just make this. You will be happy you did.
Mango Ice Cream
from Show Me the Curry
Mango Pulp – 30 oz can
Sweetened Condensed Milk – 14 oz can
Whipped Topping – 8 oz container
Fresh Mango – cubed, optional
1. In a big bowl pour in the Mango Pulp, Condensed Milk and the Whipped Topping.
2. Fold them in very well but very gently.
3. Pour into a dish with a tight fitting lid.
4. Cover and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
5. After 2 hours, mix in the cubed Mango pieces and return dish to the freezer.
6. Allow it to freeze for another 3 hours or so.
7. Serve and enjoy!
1. Fresh Mango plup can be substituted for the can.
2. Add in Tutti-fruiti, nuts, saffron or cubes of cake for a variation.
3. Great make-ahead dessert.