Monday, September 27, 2010

A gratuitous message from my dog and a gratuitous recipe

I got through to Round 2 of Project Foodbuzz. Thank you for voting for me (if you did). Can you please vote for me this time?

Lime Slaw (Cole Slaw)
(Got it years and years ago and I don't remember from where)

1 onion
several carrots
1 head of cabbage,
shred onion and carrots in food processor
slice cabbage in food processor (3mm blade)

juice of 2 Limes
2 oz. Rice Vinegar
1 oz. oil (safflower)
2 Tbsp yogurt
2 large cloves garlic
2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
1 Tbsp honey
dash salt
black pepper

Blend and pour over slaw. Let sit a while.


  1. I have a bag of the already shredded stuff in the fridge, plus most of the other stuff too..looks like I am making your recipe...just have to buy a bag of chips.

  2. Thanks Shannon, Kim and Lindsey! I thank you and so does my dog.

  3. Very nice, I voted for you!

    You can see my entry at

    Hope you vote for me!

  4. hahahaha the video is so funny!!! Congrats on getting to round two. will continue to support you!! good luck :)

    have a wonderful day.
    jen @

  5. You are ridiculous and I like it...

  6. hahaha I loved your dog's message! He looked very enthusiastic. :D

    That cole slaw sounds really yummy, too!

  7. oh, I love your dog! he didn't move an inch. what a doll. I'm still laughing about that picture of your kitchen. you already know you have my vote, but this was awesome. did you see my gratuitous pirate costume? well, you should.

    you use your dog and I us my kids... we are definitely good moms!

  8. This is Patsy speaking. Kathy's just typing this for me I'm all about voting for Janis and you are a pretty stunning looking fella big guy. Are you fixed??? Either way, tell her she's got my vote, I know how to turn on Kathys' computer.