Sunday, September 19, 2010

You love me don't you?



Time to vote. Come on you can do this one little favor for me. If I get famous I will make you any dinner you want (including lobster if you have to have it). I will even do the dishes and not complain while you sip cognac or coffee or whatever you want. I will even let you listen to YOUR iPod and I won't subject you to mine unless you like opera and Pink Floyd and lots of Joni Mitchell.

Oh yeah and here is a recipe because I love you. I know everyone loves cookies.


Ginger Almond Cookies

Recipe By : I don't really remember where I got this but I think it was a person I knew from Rec.food.cooking which was a Usenet group before the Internet. Yes, there was a BEFORE the internet and we were talking about food back then BEFORE blogging.


Ginger-Almond Cookies

2 1/4 Cups Flour
1 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1 piece peeled, grated Ginger, 1"x1"x1/2"
1/2 cup Crystallized ginger, finely chopped
3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
1 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Dark Molasses
1 Egg
1/2 Cup Almonds, blanched

1. Sift dry ingredients.
2. Cream butter, add ginger, sugar, molasses, and egg. Process.
3. Add flour mixture and mix.
4. Refrigerate dough 2 hours.
5. Form into walnut-sized balls. Top with almond.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.




IMG_0520

Isn't she cute? She would love for you to vote for me. Just click on the FoodBuzz icon above and vote vote vote!

Thank you.

9 comments :